Dogs are not true carnivorous as they love all kinds of foods. Though most of their meals consists of meats they also love other food varieties. Feeding your dog, a well-balanced diet is vital for their health. Nowadays pet food nutrition includes various types of food like meat, plant material and a combination of both – Plant and meat.
A dog also needs anessential vitamins, fibers, and minerals. Good dog food will contain meat, vegetables, fruits and more. As a dog owner you will always include high-quantity of these ingredients not only to maintain your dog’s health but also for proper digestion.
Signs which suggests that your pet may have a food allergy
Like humans, dogs too may have food allergies. Those allergic responses can range from itching, irritating behavior, to making them dangerous. Food allergies can begin at any age. Even if you are feeding your pet with the same food for months or years, symptoms may show up at any stage.
If your pet is having a food allergy you may notice:
Just like humans they can start scrubbing their skin in case of allergy. Your pet can feel irritation at any part of their body. But if they are itching near, beside or on their ears, paws, eyelids, lips, etc. Not only that you will also notice:
- Gastrointestinal signs (vomiting and/or diarrhea)
- Combination of both skin conditions and gastrointestinal signs
In a severe case, the pet may suffer from anaphylaxis which is similar to peanut allergy in humans.
I am thinking of adopting a pet, which breeds to be the best?
- French Bulldog: Known for their exaggerated button noses and large bat years, this is one of the most popular small dog breeds. They are playful, alert and completely irresistible. Worth keeping them as a pet.
- Pug: If you are thinking of adopting a pug as your pet surely keep them away from their heat. Pugs adore to be loved and know how to return the love. With the help of their wrinkled brow Pugs give a range of human-like expressions.
- Golden Retriever: This strong and athletic breed makes a great pet. Their active nature makes them stand among America’s most popular dog breed.
- Poodle: Poodle is the cutest of all dogs. A Poodle is excellent with kids. This square-proportioned dog is active, intelligent and smart. They will need a lot of physical activity and interaction with people.
- Bichon Frise: Perky, bouncy and playful Bichon Frise is an active dog. They are friendly towards strangers and do not like to be left alone. Therefore, in case you are thinking of adopting this breed, ensure that there is always someone to take care of him.
Can Dogs get fleas?
Gods can succumb to flea infection if you do not take care of them. Even if you think that you take proper care of your pets, fleas are dog’s best friend. Fleas are more active in the spring and summer months. If your dogs have got fleas in their body, they will spend a lot of time scratching his furs. Here are a few other signs to notice under the fur of your pet:
- Red Spots on the skin
- Scrabs on his skin
- Loss of har, especially near the tail
- Ear Infections
- Crusty skin
- Weakness and lethargy
How to Treat Your dog from Fleas?
The first thing you should consider after suspecting skin problems is to consult the vet. They will determine the main cause of skin irritation and prescribe medications.
Here are a few other recommendations they can make:
- Proper nutrition: Nutrition can support to calm allergic reactions.
- Supplements: Protein Supplements can help your dog to get some fatty acids or nutrients required to heal.
In case you want to adopt a pet for your family or want information about the best shelters you can contact us at Savea Rescue. Our organization falls under 501c3 and we work for the safety of cats and dogs. We are dedicated to the reduction of euthanasia of dogs. Moreover, we also help people know the real face of puppy mills. We promote the adoption of rescue animals and support all the Rescue organizations across the USA & Canada.
You can call us on our hotline number (888) 440-6467 for immediate help. Coordinate with us and get your desired pet breed. Not only that you can visit our website for information related to dog trainers, dog shelters, dog parks, groomers, veterinarians, pet-friendly hotels, dog-friendly beaches, and more.