Top 10 Interesting Facts About Cats
You obviously know that cats can sleep for 16-18 hours every day as you can see your cat snoozing away on the bed, the couch, and the chair. But did you know that they respond to women better than men? Here is our list of top ten interesting facts about cats.
- Cats have 30 teeth (12 incisors, 10 premolars, 4 canines and 4 molars).
- Cats have true fur defined by having both an under coat and an outer coat.
- A cat can live 20 or more years but the average life span of a domestic cat is 14 years.
- It is believed that cats can make over 60 different sounds.
- A cat taken far from its home can return to it. But if a cat’s owners move far from its home the cat can’t find them.
- Cats must have fat in their diet because they can’t produce it on their own.
- Cats with white fur and skin on their ears are very prone to sunburn.
- Kittens should remain with their mother till the age of 9 weeks, for best mental and social development.
- Many cats can’t properly digest cow’s milk. Milk and milk products give them diarrhea.
- A cat can jump up to 7 times as high as it is tall.